Washington: Know Before You Go – Plan Ahead for Memorial Day Weekend Travel
Hitting the road for Memorial Day? Make sure you plan ahead for a smoother trip and more enjoyable holiday.
Drivers can use the Washington State Department of Transportation’s traffic volume charts to help time their travel on key routes. To ease congestion, most state highway construction work also is suspended during the holiday weekend.
Drivers also can:
- Check out WSDOT’s mobile app, social media sites – such as Twitter and Facebook – and online tools for traffic information and ferry schedules
- Pre-program your vehicle radio to 530 AM and 1610 AM for highway advisory radio alerts
- Allow extra time for holiday travel and congestion; considering traveling during non-peak hours
- Remember to drive sober, be safe and avoid distractions to avoid causing collisions and additional traffic congestion
- In the Puget Sound, the State Route 520 bridge will have weekend toll rates on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25. In Tacoma, both the northbound State Route 7 on-ramp to southbound
- Interstate 5 and the A-Street on-ramp to northbound I-5/southbound SR 7 will remain closed for bridge construction. Please use alternate routes.