San Antonio, widely recognized as a top travel destination, is introducing even more reasons to bring the whole family to the Alamo City. Interactive world-class exhibits, close encounters with dolphins and giraffes, and a high-rise ride at a one-of-a-kind theme park are just a few of the new attractions visitors can find in San Antonio this summer.
In a city filled with new and tried-and-true attractions, highlighted below are just five of the new experiences visitors can have this summer in San Antonio:
- Enjoy High-Flying Thrills: Six Flags Fiesta Texas‘ Fiesta Bay Boardwalk brings three new rides to the theme park. Guests will find themselves looping, spinning, and soaring as they experience the new high-adrenaline thrills on Fireball, featuring a massive 7-story looping frenzy; Hurricane Force 5, where riders take on the power of a storm and swirl round-and-round while soaring high into the air; and Spinsanity, the ultimate whirling adventure for daredevil riders.
- Reveal the Hidden Worlds of the Maya: The story of one of the most sophisticated and powerful civilizations of all time is being told in the largest exhibition to be brought to a San Antonio museum in the city’s history. The Witte Museum‘s “Maya: Hidden Worlds Revealed” is the first exhibition at the museums’ new Mays Family Center and brings together hundreds of authentic artifacts displayed in more than a half-dozen immersive and hands-on environments.
- Ride on a One-of-a-Kind Ferris Wheel: Morgan’s Wonderland, the world’s first and largest theme park designed with special-needs individuals in mind and built for everyone’s enjoyment, unveils its new Whirling Wonder Ferris wheel this season. This five-and-a-half story ride along the shoreline of the park’s catch-and-release fishing lake can accommodate guests with and without special needs.
- Swim with Dolphins: SeaWorld San Antonio‘s added attraction, Discovery Point, is the only interactive dolphin experience in the state of Texas. Discovery Point is the largest single capital investment in the park’s 27-year history, doubling the size of its former dolphin habitat. The attraction transports guests to a lush, tropical setting with opportunities to swim with the dolphins and also see them swim and play in a new way through a floor-to-ceiling, panoramic underwater viewing area.
- Watch The Battle of the Alamo Come to Life: One of the most pivotal battles in American history comes to life through “Battle for Texas: The Experience,” a 22,000-square-foot “edutainment” adventure in the Shops at Rivercenter. This interactive experience features more than 250 never-before-seen Alamo artifacts and heart-racing multimedia re-enactments of the 13-day battle – allowing visitors to experience the Battle of the Alamo from the perspectives of the mission’s defenders and the Mexican army.
For more information on San Antonio‘s summer attractions and events, visit www.visitsanantonio.com.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!