The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will suspend most highway work zones for several days during the Labor Day holiday travel period to provide as many travel lanes as possible.
VDOT will lift lane closures on interstates and other major roads from noon Friday, Sept. 4, until noon Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Based on the traffic data from the most recent Labor Day weekends, periods of heavy congestion are most likely to occur between noon and 9 p.m. on Friday. Historically, heavy congestion occurs on various segments of Interstate 95 southbound and Interstate 64 eastbound from Saturday morning to Saturday afternoon.
NORTHERN VIRGINIA HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE (HOV) SCHEDULE:
HOV restrictions on Interstate 66 and Interstate 395 will be lifted on Monday, Sept. 7.
Direction schedule for Interstate 95 Express Lanes/I-395 reversible lanes:
– Friday, Sept. 4 – Lane reversal to southbound begins at 11 a.m.
– Saturday, Sept. 5 – Lane reversal to northbound begins at 2 p.m.
– Sunday, Sept. 6 ? Lanes remain northbound all day.
– Monday, Sept. 7 ? Lanes remain northbound all day.
– Tuesday, Sept. 8 – Lanes remain northbound during morning rush, and lane reversal to southbound begins at 11 a.m.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!