Six Flags New England, the Coaster Capital of New England, today announced Wicked Cyclone has been named Best New Amusement Park Attraction and Bizarro has been named Best Roller Coaster by the 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest sponsored by USA TODAY.
Wicked Cyclone, one of the most anticipated new rides of the season, opened in May to rave reviews and was the first hybrid coaster to hit the East Coast. The ride stands 10 stories tall and reaches speeds of 55 miles per hour with three inversions. Once the twenty-four thrill seekers board Wicked Cyclone, they quickly climb the 109-foot hill to then zip along the track at maximum speeds while experiencing the feeling of weightlessness and a truly wicked ride. Wicked Cyclone is the first coaster of its kind to have two Zero G Rolls. Riders also experience more airtime on Wicked Cyclone than any other coaster on the East Coast.
Wicked Cyclone Highlights:
- One of only 5 hybrid coasters on the planet;
- 78 degree drop with hair-raising speeds of 55 miles per hour;
- Jaw-dropping action through 24 different ride elements within 3,320 feet of track.
Bizarro made its debut at Six Flags New England in 2000 and has been the recipient of numerous industry awards. This purple giant has entertained riders for well over a decade and provides a unique experience featuring 5,400 feet of track, a 20-story lift hill and speeds of 77 miles per hour. Bizarro stands adjacent to the Connecticut River which provides riders with exceptional views of New England’s landscape.
- 70 degree drop with heart pounding speeds of 77 miles per hour;
- 221-foot drop into an underground tunnel;
- Bizarro has been voted the #1 steel roller coaster in the world in Amusement Today’s Golden Ticket Awards five times since the year 2003.
Plan your next trip to Visit Six Flags New England in Agawam/West Springfield, Massachusetts. Find your perfect hotel room now!
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!